Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Home Cook Curry



Sometimes when I'm late home from work, I'll cook something that is easy, fast and the kids like. Curry is one of them. :-)

I bought the curry paste with mix ingredients from the wet market on Sun and keep in chilling compartment in the fridge. Before I leave the house in the morning, I'll take down chicken from freezer to the normal cold compartment of the fridge. (Something like de-frozen it).

Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins

Ingredients:
1. 3 full chicken thigh
2. 3 medium sized potato. (easily soft type)
3. 1 small size carrot
4. some spring onion
5. Curry paste (which included onion, garlic, lemongrass, etc..)
6. 1/2 cup milk or 1 small pack of coconut milk

Method:
1) Cut potato and carrot into triangle size.

2) wash and clean chicken thigh. (I usually request the seller to chop into smaller pcs for me so that I don't have to do it at home).

3) Heat oil in wok, pour in curry paste and saute it until fragrant.

4) Add in chicken, potato and carrot. Saute until potato turns a bit brown or until fragrant.

5) Add water until cover up all the ingredients (or to the desired gravy needed).

6) Simmer for 15 mins. Open up and add in coconut milk or milk, throw in spring onion and simmer for a while. Turn off gas.

Ready to serve.

P/S: I put spring onion, just for decoration purpose. More colorful to the dish. Also, my curry paste is not reddish because I actually asked the seller not to put so much of curry as kids can't eat.



3 comments:

Little Inbox said...

Home cook meal is always the best!

New Kid on the Blog said...

errr... normally my curry do not have coconut milk, cuz, I can't take it at all. am surprise to see carrot in a curry dish.

24HrMom said...

Put full cream milk instead. I also dun put coconut since my kids are eating together. :-)