Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mee Sua Yong Tau Foo

Hi... I'm back with my own recipe again. :-) LOL

I always test on new food. I don't have a "fixed" recipe for all my cookings. Such a nice phrase... LOL. Actually, I'm just trying to twist and turn so not to expose that I don't know how to cook. :-D

Maybe it's because I am really not a picky eater, therefore, I cook anything that I can find from my fridge or just anything that comes into my mind. As long as it can still be eaten, healthy and taste not bad, right ? See... I have great supporters to test my cookings. :-D

Not bad, mom...


Here it is, my Mee Sua Yong Tau Foo. :-D


Not to praise myself, hubby said it's very very good, especially the mee sua. :-D He took 2 big bowls.

Ingredients:
5 Mee Sua
Yong Tau Foo ( buy ready made fish balls, ladys finger, etc)
3tsp Sesame oil

Soup base :
2tbsp anchoves (mee sua and Yong Tau Foo itself somehow is salty. So, do not put too much of anchoves)
Water 4 cups
some black pepper to taste
2 slices of ginger

Method:
1) Wash and drain anchoves
2) Bring water to boil and simmer anchoves, ginger about 15 mins.
3) Drain anchoves away from the soup and add ready made Yong Tau Foo and pepper. Bring to boil and turn off flame.
4) In another pot, boil water and cook mee sua. Drain out mee sua.
5) Put all cooked mee sua in a big bowl and add some sesame oil. (Mee sua will not be sticky and lump into a big clog). Sesame oil adds fragrant too.
6) Divide mee sua into per serving, add soup and yong tau foo. If you have parsley, do garnish some on top for nice decoration.
And... it's ready to serve !

Easy & simple. :-)

*Note: If it is not taken instantly after cooking, drain out the Yong Tau Foo from the soup to deter the Yong Tau Foo from being overly soft and not crunchy.

4 comments:

Little Inbox said...

oh for me, normally I cook mee suah in herba soup only. Should try this out. I like ur way of preparing the soup base.

Christina Kim said...

Picky Eater also thinks it looks good!! *Claps claps* :D

Sharon Y. said...

a simple and healthy recipe! I'm going to try it out :) Been eating pasta, pasta, and pasta because I always think that Chinese food is hard to cook. Thanks for the recipe

24HrMom said...

Thank you all for your comments ! So being encouraged to think more simple and healthy recipes. :-)