Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ginseng Chicken Mix – My first try. 12 Aug 2007

It all started from Ed after he tasted a teaspoon of this cooking in the shopping mall.

Ed : nmm.... yummy. Can I have more. pls?
The auntie seller: ok. Nice ah, boy? (gave him another spoon).
Ed : nice, auntie. Very nice. Auntie, your cooking is very nice. (sweet talk). Can I have more soup, pls? I want more soup.
The auntie seller: You want soup ah. OK, ok. I give you a small cup ah.. spoon is too small for soup.
Ed : nm. Cup is better. Thank you auntie.

Wah.. I was so embarrased....leaving me no choice but to buy one.
Here u go, something new for dinner. :-)

Ingredients:
5 drumstick – about 500gm (I always prefer chicken than pork as I think chicken tastes sweeter).
2 medium potatoes
1 medium carrot
4 medium dried mushroom
½ onion

Ginseng_Chicken

Method:
1) Marinate chicken and mushroom with the seasoning given & some salt for 30mins. (Marinate them separately).
Ginseng_Chicken

2) Cut potaoes & carrot into cubes.

3) Heat up frying pan with medium heat.

4) Fry onion until golden brown, add potatoes,carrot and fry for a little while.
Ginseng_Chicken

5) Pour some water just enough to cover up potatoes. Add some seasoning and cover up for about 1 min. Turn off heat.

6) Take out marinated chicken. Add potato, carrot and mushroom on the chicken.

7) Steam for 20mins and it's ready to be served.
Ginseng_Chicken

When hubby saw the dish, he paused for awhile… like this is not what I wanted to have. Luckily, he said, ok. Let’s try it. And he like it !
Ginseng_Chicken

Since my picky hubby can accept the taste of this ginseng chicken, I think, you may also try it. After all, it’s an economy dinner + nutritious :-D

Tips :
1) I only used chicken thigh - boneless. I used the bone to cook herbal soup.
2) I used butter instead of oil for the above frying. It gives better taste.
3) For the potatoes & carrot, adding seasoning and cover it up for just awhile will enable the potato & carrot to absorb the seasoning into it, and still leaving some original taste of it.

Would you give it a try ?

3 comments:

Sweetpea said...

Hi, first visit.

That looks nice. But I don't think I can get the premix here. Ah well :)

24HrMom said...

Hey, don't get disappointed. Maybe I could post it to u. ;-)

Anonymous said...

People should read this.