Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Japanese Curry - made of fruits

I am glad that there's request for more recipes from my loyal readers. Here I have another one that I had wanted to put for long but hesitated... Why? Because I did not capture a good pic to be shown. It's the Japanese Curry Rice.

This is again a very ez recipe because everything is cooked in a pot. In cantonese, we say it "yat wok suk". Means everything cooked in a pot. It's Lazymom's style - Simple and easy.

Ingredient:
1) 125gm Curry Paste -buy ready made. It's 250gm per pack.
2) 600gm chicken thigh (I only like thigh for it's tenderness).
3) 4 Medium Potatoes
4) 2 Medium Carrots
5) 1 Onion
6) 3 medium mushrooms
7) 1/4 cabbage (This is optional. I find that the gravy is sweeter with cabbage).
8) 3 cups of water

Japanese_Curry

Method:
1) Wash and chop chicken. Soak mushroom.
2) Cut carrot and potato into triangle shape.
3) Cut onion and cabbage.
4) Heat up wok and fry onion till golden brown.
5) Add in mushroom, potato, carrot and chicken for about 1 min. (Do not saute until chicken is overcook. Otherwise it will not be able to absorb the taste of the curry).
6) Add sauted ingredients and cabbage into a pot with boiled water.
7) Cover up and boil for 15mins with medium flame.
8) Add in curry paste and boil for another 5 mins with low flame.
** Curry will thicken. Beware of dry up.

This is the final boil of the curry. Add some parsley for decoration before serving. :-)

Jap_Curry in Pot

** Notes:
For those whom are vegetarian, you can substitue the meat with vegetarian meat. I had also cook that before for my children. I also added button mushroom at that time. The taste is about the same. Just something different.

I hope you will like it too !

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how is the taste? have you create yourself?