Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Nutritious meal for my kids -12 Aug 2007(Sun)

A simple, fast yet nutritious meal for my kids.
Me, Lazymom felt guilty of not cooking anything for my kids for long. Cogitated for a night and this is what has came out.

Ingredient:
Pasta – estimated amount that is enough for the 2 of them.
2 slices of Mozzarella Cheese – (that is the only cheese I have in fridge).
Fresh prawn – (I put around 20 of them as to supersede meat).

Paste Ingredient:
Fresh tomato – 1 small – chopped finely
Dried mushroom – 1 small – (I soaked it before going to violin class). –chopped finely.
Garlic – suitable amount – chopped finely
Onion – 1 small – chopped finely
Tomato sauce - 3 tbsp (or the amount of gravy you preferred).
1tsp of sugar
Pinch of salt
Water (or fresh milk. If fresh milk is used, sugar is not needed)
Parsley

Method:
1) Boil water in a pot. Put pasta and pinch of salt. Cook until tender (usually 10 – 12mins). Drain pasta.
2) While boiling pasta, Heat up a frying pan with medium heat. Fry onion, garlic until brownish.
3) Add mushroom, fresh tomato, prawn and fry for a little while.
4) Add water just enough to cover up the prawns, add tomato sauce, sugar and salt.
5) Cover up for 2mins or till prawn is cooked. (*Note: If you add milk instead, the sauce will thicken. Be careful of not cooking until gravy is dried up).
6) Turn off heat and add cheese.
7) Put pasta into bowl and pour gravy on top. Sprinkle with parsley and pasta is ready to be served.

Tomato_Pasta


*Note: I sprinkled some cinnamon powder to add some sweetness and cover up the tomato sour taste.

This is not as yet. My guilt was not over. I continued my day with another homemade dinner. With the dinner + a herbal soup, guess, I have made it up with them 

No comments: