Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Hou Mei Yuen-Pan Mee@ Bukit Jambul Flat

Other than those sumptious and luxury dinings, I also like to venture into hawker foods. This is one of the place where I like to have lunch in.

This place is surrounded by big trees. Thus, it has a refreshing environment. No matter how hot and stuffy out there, this place is always cooling, under big shady trees.



Not only the seatings are under the shady trees, car parks are also under shades. You don't need to get into a hot and stuffy car after a good meal. :-)



So, what is famous here? The Hou Mei Yuen (好美園) Pan Mee. If you look at the chinese characters, it means "Tasty Garden". But because I read the English characters, it became "The backyard garden". ;-) Just a thought. Nothing related.

Sorry, cut the crap, this stall is famous of it's home made Pan Mee (made of flour and egg). Located nearby Bukit Jambul complex. This place is known as BJ flat Pan Mee.

Previously, it only has Pan Mee and another western food stall next to this. Now, the western food had moved and replaced by a rojak stall. Where as Pan Mee too, expanded their biz to Dim Sum varieties.



Chu Cheong Fan served in small bowls. Cute.



Pan Mee stall. It is neat and clean. Many foreign workers.

Dim Sum stall.


Pan Mee Soup. - RM 2.50 / bowl.


Dried Pan Mee - thin type. They have medium and fat type too.
Did you noticed the leaf in the soup? It's the fallen leaf from the trees.
It's very windy.


The waiter kept asking if we want Loh Mai Kai and Chu Cheong Fan, so, I ordered one Loh Mai Kai. (chicken glutinous rice) (One of my favorite dim sum).

See, another leaf on my loh mai kai.


We sat with the table clean without leaves. With the wind breezing, our table, even on my hair... were leaves. :-D


Overall: If you are health conscious and like to dine in this natural environment, drop by this place and have a try. Am really not sure if they put any MSG to the dishes, but it is definately not salty and does not taste so. It has a natural taste. Mrs. Rain doesn't like to come here because the taste is "too natural". ;-p


12 comments:

New Kid on the Blog said...

the place you ought to be there early... otherwise, waiting time is kinda long.

24HrMom said...

Ya, u're very right, especially on Fridays. Do u go there often ?

New Kid on the Blog said...

not really, only went once or twice.

24HrMom said...

so, where do u hang out most? Not much place to go eat liao..

Unknown said...

I was suppose to introduce this in my blog.. but nvm, since you're introducing very detailly...

good photo. I wonder which camera you use? is it Handphone?

Share you my blog :

24HrMom said...

You can always intro again. Different ppl, different thinking. Visitors to your blog and mine will not be the same. Why not, just intro again? I used Sony T10.

Christina Kim said...

Nice Blog!!:)
I have been to this place once too; brought by my colleagues and was surprised to find out about it:p

Lots of trees but really shady and windy too:D

I didn't know they serve dim sum!!Is it for morning until noon?

24HrMom said...

ya, I didn't know too. I only tried on the Loh Mai Kai. Tastes normal, ok. My fren said the siu mai is also ok. She prefers the dim sum more than the pan mee. ;-)

24HrMom said...

Christy, ya, I think they open from 9am till noon. I'll check it out in my next visit, ya. Sorry !

Christina Kim said...

No prob, it's not a rule to display times on blogs!!:D
Hehe..great job on recommending this place though!:)

Jennifer said...

Ya, is really look delicious and also my favourites to had all that. Nice recommending. Will plan to make a trip there while visiting my relative.

Anonymous said...

this is a great place to have a light lunch....

but be careful on the special ingredient falling down from the shading tree...