Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Monday, October 1, 2007

The View-Equatorial Hotel, Bukit Jambul

I wasn't prepared to blog about this restaurant, thus, I did not prepare my camera with me. However, when I saw the artfully presented dishes, I just couldn't help but started snapping with my camera phone. It's only 2MP. ... so, not so good quality pics.

We've often hear of French cooking - the finest cooking in the world. If you are a real food lover, and if you love steak like i do, then you should know where is "The View" in EQ Hotel, Bukit Jambul.


I was invited again to dine at this fine posh restaurant. It won't be difficult for me to describe how classy the decoration is, but it would be a challenge for me to describe it's menu. It comes with one main course and complemented by a buffet of appetizers, soup and desserts.

Salmon and Oyster lovers will love it here. They serves daily fresh salmon and oyster at the buffet corner. How fresh? Anything fresher you need to fish yourself. Ok, here i go again my dine in experience write up.

The decoration:
This is the definitely a place of special events. I mean, this is one of the best restaurant for your first date. The luxury interior setup,with nice overview of the Bayan Baru township and the Penang bridge too. Not far for the side window corner, you can see some of the fairways of Bukit Jambul Golf Club. The comfort of its lighting and live piano performance added the extra"feelings" while you dine in there.

The Food: The quality is there. except for the soup. My friend said it's too salty. Thus, I did not try it.
Appetizer Corner - raw & cooked fish




Seasoned raw salmon



Soup and Salad Corner


Dessert Corner
This is the Tiramisu, one that you MUST try on. Highly recommended.
It is very fine and it melts once you put in your mouth.



The cheese cake is rich (I mean really rich) in cheese. Soft and juicy.





Main Dishes : A varieties to be chosen from. Steak, fish, seafood and also pastas.
The main dish has yet served. But, we were all more than 1/2 full.

This is King Cod Fish - RM 78++
Known to be the best dish among the fish category.

Salmon. RM 65.00++ The green mash potato is luscious. nmm.. yummy.



Tenderloin Steak - RM 92.00 ++
I ordered this. Medium-well done. Fragrant and tasty.


Steak (Black Pepper) - RM 94.00++


Seafood



And lastly, we ordered lobster to share.

This lobster is well over-cooked. The flesh is too spongy. Very difficult to chew.



Appetizers that I took... Raw Salmon, raw oysters and some others.


Oysters again... (sorry, it's my favorite. Yes, I had 10 of them 8-) ).


Dessert..


By the time I finished all my portions, I really could not fill up anything anymore... but after a short rest, I could not resist myself in getting at least a scoop of ice-cream. nmmm.... that calls it a complete meal. ;-p


Overall: I would say that this is a lavish buffet. You could already enjoy this fine ultimate luxury dishes with only RM 65++. Afterall, a normal buffet dinner will easily costs about RM60 and above. What say dining in this posh restaurant, right ? Shouldn't we pamper ourselves once a while ?
Note: There is one thing needed improvement. That is to label their dishes. There were no labels at all, except for soup.

2 comments:

Christina Kim said...

WOW!! Yeah, I heard about this place and have been wanting to try it out but I did hear it was really POSH:D
Haha...but seems still bearable within a heart attack range..LOL:)

meiyi said...

wow...!!!!
incredible lobster